Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): -Infinity%
about the producer LELIEVRE
the family lelievre have lived in the town of lucy in the cotes de toul for generations, but it was only in 1971 that they began bottling their production. the romans planted vines in the moselle region of gaul, and in 1860 there were over 50,000 hectares of vines in the region. the vines are planted on the hillsides of the moselle in clay-limestone alluvial soils with some silex the varietals are auxerrois, pinto noir and gamay. but in 1870, phyloxera arrived in the region followed by the french- german wars of 1870, 1914 and 1939. after the wars and with the development of mines in the region, little manpower was left for the vineyards. in 1951, there were only 30ha of vineyards left and most of he wine was bottled by negotiants. but when cordier left to buy château talbot in bordeaux, a handful of vignerons fought to protect the remaining vines and succeeded in gaining aoc status in 1998. today the domaine lelièvre is run by two brothers, vincent and david who spent 10 years visiting and working in vineyards around the world before returning to the domaine.